Program # 1 Show Subsidy
In order to encourage members to demonstrate the versatility of the Mangalarga Marchador, the USMMA has established a Show Subsidy Award Program.
Any member of the association is eligible. This program is already in place.
Show Subsidy Program Goals:
- To promote the Marchador in different geographical areas of North America
- To showcase the Marchador in different types of events
- To showcase well-trained, well-gaited Marchadors ridden by owners, breeders or professional trainers
Application Deadlines: March 1, June 1, September 1. If money is still available, we will continue to approve applications.
You may apply as often as you want, but each member is limited to one award per calendar year. Decisions based solely on submissions received according to the program goals above.
Program Administrator: Laurie Klassen, USMMA member. Email [email protected]
You may fill out this form on-line or print and mail to: Laurie Klassen, 9 Rolling Hills Lane, Casa Rio, SK Canada S7T 1B8
Program # 2 In Planning
In addition, we are contemplating a second awards program. We are currently exploring ways to track events and accomplishments per horse. This could lead to annual awards or recognition of the horse and member's accomplishements. Stay tuned.
Any event sanctioned or organized by a recognized horse organization in which a member participates using a USMMA registered Marchador is eligible, including for example:
- All-breed, open, or gaited show events;
- Competitive Trail Riding;
- Reining, cutting, roping, team penning;
To prepare for this feature, the information we would need would be something like this:
- the date of the event
- the event name and description,
- the rider,
- the horse(s) utilized, and
- the results achieved.
You can start keeping track today. We'd love to hear about your results, even before the second program comes on-board. Contact Tresa Smith to send photos or stories for our USMMA Quarterly Journal.