The USMMA is an association made up of owners, breeders and lovers of the Mangalarga Marchador Horse, a unique gaited horse breed from Brazil, pure descendants of ancient Iberian horses imported from Portugal in the 1800s.
Join today and become a member in a small, but passionate association making history with one of the best breeds in the world. You will receive these member benefits as well:
- Registry & Website These are the biggest benefits to being a member. Everyone benefits from having these!
- Registry discounts. All registry records are accessible via the USMMA website.
- “M&Ms“, the official newsletter in North America, which delivers important news, feature articles highlighting members’ horses, farms and articles of the history and heritage of the breed.
- Advertising Support from USMMA ads and website. All horses will be displayed on website, along with information on the breed and the association. The USMMA advertises the breed on-line and in print through ads and press releases in various magazines.
- Show/Event Support The USMMA website will highlight events where Marchador horses are featured and/or events where Marchadors can participate when we are notified.
- USMMA Awards Program. The USMMA offers prizes and awards to members who showcase the Mangalarga Marchador at expos, demos, shows and other competitions.
- Discounts and other special offers for attending clinics, and other association events.
Most importantly, you will have a voice in the future of the Mangalarga Marchador breed here in North America. As a Full Member you have voting rights to vote for officers or run for an office yourself!. You are encouraged to participate and volunterr. We are an all-volunteer organiztion. The more volunteers, the more we can do! Contact the USMMA President to submit your ideas or name!